Thursday, September 3, 2009

Wheeler Quesadillas

Bill suggested this recipe from a Backpacker Magazine. Just a note that these are spicy so if you want to make some for the whole family you might want a milder cheese too.

8 corn tortillas
2 chipolte peppers in adobo sauce
4 ounces pepper jack cheese
1 cup salsa
2 teaspoons olive oil

grate cheese and chop chipolte peppers. place a tortilla in ligtly oiled skillet; top with some of the pepper, cheese and salsa, top with additional tortilla. Heat until toasted then flip. Toast opposite side.
We made ours with some chicken and avocado. I mixed the pepper jack with cheddar for the kid ones and didn't put peppers on theirs either.

1 comment:

  1. I know, I am a blog stalker! I love this site though! You girls have been holding out on me!
    Good job on the roller skate cake. I like that it rhymes with 8 :)

    ReplyDelete