Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Eggplants.... OVER EASY.... That's one of our little jokes.....

I have been wanting to try eggplant for a while and I thought I should just do it! I bought an eggplant and tried a new recipe I found online. It wasn't my favorite, but I'm a picky eater. Houston liked it and so did his family. Houston said it would be good as a side to beef and have another side be rice. It's too much to be just a side dish. So anyway, here it is.
Saute 1 green pepper and 1 medium onion in 2 tbs of butter
add 4 peeled roma tomato and let simmer for a few minutes
add cubed eggplant, 1/2 tsp basil and 1/4 oregano
cook until the vegetables are tender (about 15-20 min)

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you're trying new recipes. That's how you discover those gems that are worth making over and over again!

    ReplyDelete