Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Easy Chicken Noodle Soup

Ingredients:
32 oz. Chicken Broth
6 cups of water
1 package (16oz.) egg noodles
2 cans cream of chicken soup
Chicken bouillon (see label to mix according to 6 cups water)
1/2 package of light sour cream
1 rotisserie chicken, skinned and meat cubed

Vegetables, if desired: These are the ones that I use
2 carrots, peeled and sliced
about 8 oz. frozen corn

Directions:
1. In a 6.5 quart pot mix chicken broth, water and bouillon. Bring to a boil. *If adding in carrots you will want to add them in here as well.*
2. Add in egg noodles and cook for 7 minutes.
3. Thoroughly mix in cram of chicken soup.
4. Add chicken and remaining vegetables.
5. Reduce temperature to low, and add in sour cream. Mix thoroughly.
6. Cover and stir occasionally until soup is heated through, about 7 minutes.

Notes:
You can freeze the left overs and heat them when needed on the stove top.

1 comment:

  1. I made this today and I really really liked it. The only thing is I had to use a lot of my sour cream on some other recipes so I only put about 1/4 of what it asked and I was still happy with the results.

    ReplyDelete